Tespa is looking for Regional Coordinators with experience leading organizations and exceptional communication skills to work with the chapters of North America in producing esports legacies.
The ideal candidate is motivated and flexible, being able to align the goals of both Tespa and their assigned region. This person is able to work independently while contributing to the success of collegiate esports, while also maintaining a close and productive relationship with our college chapters that fall under their purview. The ideal candidate is a proven collegiate leader, with experience hosting large-scale programs.
This person must be an avid gamer, familiar with the communities which have risen among college gaming. Finally, the Regional Coordinator will work in close partnership with presidents of a region to develop and implement extraordinary collegiate events.
** This is a project based consultant position. You will be paid a monthly stipend to accomplish assigned tasks and goals. This is a part-time position meant to supplement your regular work. This position begins in summer 2016 and ends in spring 2017.
- Meet regularly with Tespa staff and assigned Tespa chapters, communicating goals, deadlines, and requests with utmost transparency
- Acting as the main point of contact between assigned local chapters and Tespa HQ
- Meeting with new Tespa chapters and encouraging the development of a proactive collegiate esports community
- Scheduling, hosting, and creating an agenda for monthly regional meetings in order to create a strong sense of connection between chapter leaders
- Record the qualitative and quantitative goals for each assigned chapter and track progress throughout the academic year
- Act as a key point of contact for various regional events hosted within the goals and objectives of Tespa
- Start and maintain a trend of regional community collaborations, developing communication channels and social events, both online and in person.
- Mentor and develop the strengths of individual leaders at at Tespa chapters on a consistent basis.
- Mediate and arbitrate issues as they arise, acting as the moderator for potential conflict.
- Actively recruiting emerging and reputable Tespa chapters within the assigned region
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in a university in the region applied for, with either junior or senior standing
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average
- Be recognized as either a full time or a part time student by your attended university
- Recent graduate(<2 years) of a Tespa chapter, and residing in the region applied for
- Not a current Tespa chapter president, vice president, or equivalent
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Strong written and oral business communication skills, with the ability to work with other members across the organization
- Passionate member of a Tespa chapter and player of video games
- Experience working effectively in a team environment with college members
- Event planning, organization, and budgeting experience
- Approximately 7-8 hours of time per week
- Access to a computer with consistent internet connection
- Able to travel between 3-6 times per academic year
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a leadership position at a national organization
- Active leader within a Tespa chapter community
- Presentation or teaching experience
- Experience in community management
- Experience in multiple national collegiate organizations
- Possess a strong understanding of multiple communication channels
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Tespa
- Your experience within college communities
- Proof of enrollment or degree
**Only submittals with both Resume and Cover Letter will be considered.
Tespa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.